Introducing the Canadian Trails Federation
Through our membership in the Canadian Trails Federation, the Saskatchewan Trails Association represents the interests of Saskatchewan on the national level.
The Canadian Trails Federation-Fédération Canadienne des Sentiers (CTF-CFS) is a national not-for-profit organization that represents the interests of provincial and territorial trails organizations across Canada. Their mission is to enhance the recreational trails network in Canada by sharing information, providing leadership and coordination, and by building consensus within the trail’s community, both nationally and internationally. More detailed information on the CTF can be found at: https://canadiantrails.org/.
CTF Vision Statement
The Canadian Trails Federation is a united voice for trails throughout Canada which will link communities and meet the needs of diverse cultures and trail users for their outdoor recreation and healthy living.
CTF Mission Statement
The Canadian Trails Federation will:
- Promote the recreational use of trails for healthy living and the enjoyment of:
- Canada’s unique landscapes,
- Create the conditions which will lead to the development of sustainable trails,
- Facilitate the sharing of information and resources,
- Promote the responsible use of trails.
What the CTF does
The CTF represents the interests of provincial and territorial trail organizations across Canada.
At its bi-monthly directors’ conference call meetings and in its annual general meetings, which are held in different provinces each year, the CTF sets out to do the following:
- Share information on trail issues,
- Provide leadership and coordination for trail issues at the national level,
- Help to build consensus within trails.
STA Past President Saul Lipton currently serves on the CTF Board.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!