The chill in the air, the soft whisper of snowflakes, and the serene beauty of a winter wonderland – this season paints our favorite trails in Saskatchewan with an entirely different palette. As we bid farewell to the golden hues of spring, we are thrilled to announce our first-ever Winter Photo Contest, inviting all trail enthusiasts to capture the breathtaking essence of Saskatchewan’s winter landscapes.
The Winter Photo Contest will run from November 15 to December 15, giving you a whole month to explore and capture the beauty of winter on the trails. Your task is to showcase the unique experiences and activities that come to life on a winter trail. Whether you’re a seasoned photographer or a casual shutterbug, we encourage everyone to participate. This contest is open to all ages and skill levels.
This year, a fantastic set of prizes that await the winners of this contest. Our top prize winner will receive a prize package featuring:
- MSR® PocketRocket™ Stove Kit
- Camino Fair Trade & Organic Instant Dark Hot Chocolate
- Hot Poc Reusable Hand Warmers
- KGC 2 Pack Winter Neck Warmer Gaiter
Our first honourable mention will receive:
- GSI Glacier Stainless Vacuum Bottle 1L
- North Face Bozer Hip Pack III – L – Unisex
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter Straw
The second honourable mention will receive:
- AUTOWT Hand Warmers Rechargeable 2 Pack – 5000mAh Electric Hand Warmer Power Bank Flashlight 3 in 1, USB Charge Portable Magnetic Hand Heater for Camping, Outdoor Sports, Winter Gifts for Women Men
- YETI® Rambler Tumbler with Lid
- Bushnell Powerview 8×21 Binoculars
These prizes are to enhance your outdoor experiences and make your winter trail adventures even more memorable.
Participating in the Winter Photo Contest is easy. Simply take your camera or smartphone with you on your winter trail adventures and capture an activity – walking, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, snowmobile, and so on – that define this season on the trails. Share your photos on social media using the hashtag #winteronthetrailsphotocontest2023, and don’t forget to tag SaskTrails to ensure we see your submissions. For those without social media, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All residents of Saskatchewan are eligible to enter the contest. STA board and staff members may submit photos, but they are not eligible to win. Photos may be submitted multiple times, but there is only one entry per photo. You may submit as many different photos as you would like. Please let us know where the photos were taken.
Check privacy settings to ensure that entries are visible, as private posts are not considered to be entered. Try and post photos in the highest resolution possible so that we can use them for potential printed materials. Winning photos may be used in Saskatchewan trails promotional materials through brochures, annual reports, social media and more. As pictures come in, they may be featured on our page, with credit to the photographer.
If you do not want to provide the Saskatchewan Trails Association (STA) permission to use your photos, please do not submit your photos.
By submitting photos, you confirm that (a) your photo is you own original work; (b) you own the rights to the photo, including copyright; (c) you have the right to give the STA permission to use your photo for the purposes specified in these rules; (d) the photo is not defamatory and does not infringe on any Canadian laws or violate the rights of any third party; (e) you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your photo or the consent of the parent or guardian of anyone who is a minor; (f) you waive any moral rights you might have in the photo; (g) you indemnify the STA against any claim, demand, action, suit, or other proceedings against the STA arising our of the use of the photo or any false or inaccurate statements. By entering, contestants agree to follow these contest rules, which shall be applied by the STA.
Winners, chosen the following week, will be announced on all of our pages and will be contacted to arrange to claim their prize. The deadline for submission is December 15, so make sure to have your photos in before then.
Here are a few reasons to get out and explore this season:
- Winter trails offer a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life. The quietude and tranquility of snow-covered landscapes create a meditative and serene atmosphere that’s perfect for unwinding.
- Winter decorates the trails with a blanket of glistening snow, transforming familiar landscapes into a breathtaking winter wonderland. The play of light and shadows on the snow-covered ground creates picture-perfect.
- There are numerous activities to enjoy on the winter trails. These activities are not only great for your physical health but also provide a mental boost as you connect with nature.
- Winter offers the opportunity to spot wildlife in their natural habitat. Animal tracks in the snow, including those of deer, rabbits, and foxes, are a common sight, offering a glimpse into the lives of our forest friends.
We encourage you to gear up, step outside, and let your camera capture the enchantment of winter on Saskatchewan’s trails. We can’t wait to see your photos and share in the beauty of this season with all of you. Good luck to all participants!